Wednesday 11 January 2012

Meet the Crafters #2

Following on from the last blog, introducing our next 's' (you'll have to read the last one to get it x)

But first read all about the lovely: 

Bobbin & Bumble (by Leanne Smith)

 Please give us a little detail about what it is you make?

I make cushions, bags, make up bags and more. All items are handmade in a shed at the bottom of a garden in Lancashire and combine vintage, new and second hand fabrics to produce pretty, modern designs. 

What / who inspires you?

Everything I know is down to my wonderful and talented mum, I watched her sewing as a child and I was instantly hooked; I’ve not stopped stealing fabric from her since….sorry mum.  I am inspired by a myriad of things, insects, birds, botany, wildlife in general, and all things British.  I use these inspirations to create simple yet unusual pieces.

Tell us what we can typically find when visiting your stall?

Cushions mainly, but also bags, make up bags and art work.
 
Do you have a favourite item?  

This ladybird cushion is one of my favourite pieces. I love the pretty, vintage, floral fabric and the quirky insect design. I believe it would make a beautiful and unusual addition to any room.

Do you have a website or somewhere we can have a nosey at / purchase your products?



(Bobbin and Bumble will also be attending their first craft fair with the contemporary crafters ‘The Crafty Takeover’ on Sunday 5th February 2012, in the Coach House within Astley Park, Chorley (we are taking over all 3 rooms and plan to have entertainment in the form of live music and have a go craft tables in the upper galleries).   So pop along and see her lovely items in the flesh. x)
 
Any big plans for the future of your business?

Setting up a Bobbin & Bumble website and hopefully more craft fairs.

 













Thanks Leanne, love your quirky cushions.

Look out for our next crafter coming soon. xNx

No comments:

Post a Comment